- Bluetooth speakers
- Bose SoundLink Flex Bluetooth Portable Speaker, Wireless Waterproof Speaker for Outdoor Travel - Black
Bose SoundLink Flex Bluetooth Portable Speaker, Wireless Waterproof Speaker for Outdoor Travel - Black
- STATE-OF-ART DESIGN: SoundLink Flex outdoor speaker is packed with exclusive technologies and a custom-engineered transducer for deep, clear, and immersive audio at home or on the go
- CLEAREST POSSIBLE SOUND: Proprietary Position Qtechnology automatically detects the position of your portable Bluetooth speaker for optimal sound quality in any orientation or environment
- WATERPROOF WIRELESS SPEAKER FOR TRAVEL: SoundLink Flex is rigorously tested to meet IP67 waterproof speaker standards. Crafted and sealed with waterproof materials, it even floats – ideal for outdoor adventures
- PORTABLE BLUETOOTH SPEAKER: Built to resist water, dust, and debris, in a design that withstands drops and rust, this compact speaker goes wherever you do. It’s also easy to hold and store, and resistant to corrosion and UV light
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: Portable speaker charges through USB-C cable (included). Lithium-ion battery offers up to 12 hours of life per charge
- BUILT-IN MICROPHONE: You can make and receive calls through the portable Bluetooth speaker. Just one button accesses your phone's Siri or Google Assistant voice input
- BOSE CONNECT APP: App automatically updates the portable Bluetooth speaker with the latest software, allows you to customize settings, unlock product features, and more
- Charging time: approximately 4 hours when using the original cable.
|Attribute Name||Attribute Value|
|Product Dimensions||2.06 x 7.93 x 3.56 inches|
|Item Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Country of Origin||Thailand|
|Item model number||865983-0100|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Ion batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||October 14, 2021|
Ratings & Reviews
Reviewed on July 31, 2023
Even almost three years later, and without any upgrades or new generations of the same product, the Bose Soundlink Flex remains the best portable speaker in all categories, period. It's durable, extremely portable, has great connectivity, good app integration, satisfactory battery life and most importantly, it sounds amazing. I've used many portable speakers over the years, both from Bose's top competitors, JBL and Ultimate Ears. What makes this speaker's sound quality stand out from the rest is its sound signature. While other companies focus on making crisp, extremely defined highs and deep, rattling bass, Bose keeps it simple by balancing it all into one warm, pleasant sound signature. This is the only speaker I have ever used that hasn't given me what I call "listening fatigue". Other sound signatures from JBL and UE, while they still sound great, almost overemphasize the extremes of the sound spectrum to where they become tiring to listen to after a few hours of play. They almost have a slight hollow, droning sound, compared to the Bose, which sounds full and hearty. The Bose Soundlink Flex is the only portable speaker of its size that I feel like doesn't drown itself out in it's own noise. Every note is delivered perfectly and doesn't interfere with other parts of the music. What makes this even more impressive is the size of this speaker. Other larger portable speakers, while louder, still do not sound as good as this little Bose. The best place to use this speaker is indoors in a small to medium sized space, preferably next to a wall, where it shines by delivering clear notes, warm mids and punchy bass. As for the outdoors, it still performs well, but will be underwhelming in terms of how loud it gets and how well you can identify the bass. However, expecting it to perform just as well outside and in large spaces would be unfair, as that is not what this speaker is made for. As for the use that it was intended, it is the perfect speaker and will continue to be a worthy purchase now and in the years to come.
Reviewed on July 13, 2023
When the Bose SoundLink Flex was introduced in 2021, I was not particularly in the market for a bluetooth speaker. My little Sony speakers met most of my needs and still do situationally. Several months ago, however, I was again looking for an additional bluetooth speaker. My research started with the Bose SoundLink Micro, which I love but is again a situational speaker. After my research ruled out many other brands, and after asking no fewer than several dozen questions of a Bose representative via Facebook Messenger, I ordered a plate-full of crow along with a SoundLink Flex which was on sale. As a matter of full disclosure, I enjoy various genres of music. My natural hearing diminished and has thankfully been restored through bilateral cochlear implants. The cochlear sound differs from natural hearing, though both are similar. With that said, a speaker which produces premium audio quality is crucial. Other necessities are affordability, portability, durability, ruggedness and especially reasonable battery life. The Flex meets all of my needs and is my go-to speaker. The Soundlink Micro, Revolve Plus and Mini II SE speakers are likewise fabulous, but there is only one Flex. My only negative experience with the Flex was purchasing a couple from the Bose Refurbished Store. Fortunately, Bose has fixed the issues with these but henceforth, I will pay a few more bucks and purchase Bose speakers brand new. At present, I own four of these Flex speakers, one of each color variant. I rotate between these and may even consider purchasing a couple more when a bargain can be had. The Flex is lightweight, compact and delivers as advertised. Yes, I still use my other speakers situationally, but again, the Flex is my speaker of choice. Pairing to an iPhone and then the Bose connect app is easy, as is pairing 2 together for stereo. Most reviews speak glowingly of the Flex and for good reason. Plus if there is ever an issue, Bose will absolutely assist with servicing or replacing if need be. So if my review has helped any of you who may be wavering on the Flex, then it was worth every single typing tap. In this price range, the Flex is hands down the very best speaker available.
Reviewed on July 31, 2023
I needed speakers for my boat, but everything for a boat is way too expensive. These Bose speakers do not disappoint in price and quality. I hung them on both sides of the boat dodger. The sound quality of a single speaker is very good. I bought two of them and I paired them with my iPhone. Bose has an app that allows you to set them up in stereo. When set up this way, the sound quality improves dramatically. They are water resistant (although I did not try to check that. lol). They feel sturdy as well. They come with a strap that I used to hang them. Battery life is excellent. I sailed two days in a row, about 5 hours each day (20 knots winds). The straps held perfectly. At the end of the 2nd day, the battery was down to 40%. It takes a little time to get used to pairing both of them in stereo and, so far, I have not realized how to keep them paired in stereo after I shot them off for a while. I'll update this review when I find out. I recommend this speaker to anyone who needs a portable speaker to take on nature outings.
Related products (4/222)